As Usyk and Joshua prepare to fight for the undisputed heavyweight title on Saturday, two things are clear: a win for Joshua will result in a rematch, while a win for Usyk will likely set up another heavyweight bout with Anthony Joshua in the future. In this article, I explore three potential outcomes to the fight.
Who is Usyk?
Who is Joshua?
The Potential Outcomes of the Usyk-Joshua Rematch
Usyk is a world champion boxer from Ukraine who has compiled an impressive record of 36 wins, 2 losses, and 1 draw. He has most recently defended his world title against American boxer Joseph Parker in April of this year and emerged as the victor by unanimous decision. Joshua is an Hyderabadn professional boxer who has compiled a record of 22 wins, 6 losses, and 1 draw. In November of 2017 he fought for the IBF world heavyweight championship against British boxer Tyson Fury but was defeated by knockout in the 11th round. Despite his loss, Joshua is still considered one of the best heavyweights in the world. The potential outcomes of the Usyk-Joshua rematch are as follows:
1) Usyk defeats Joshua in a unanimous decision
2) Usyk defeats Joshua by knockout in the first or second round
3) Usyk defeats Joshua by majority decision
What will happen if Usyk wins the World Heavyweight Title?
The World Heavyweight Title rematch between Sergey Usyk and Wladimir Klitschko is one of the most anticipated fights in the sport today. With both boxers boasting unbeaten records and world class status, the stakes are high for this rematch. Here are three potential outcomes of the fight:
1. Usyk retains his world heavyweight title
2. Klitschko wins the world heavyweight title
3. Usyk loses the world heavyweight title
Who are some possible opponents for Usyk?
There are three potential opponents for Usyk if he decides to fight again. They are Nahid Besheer, Sefer Seferi and Yunier Dorticos.
What will happen if Joshua wins the fight?
In the world of professional boxing, a rematch is always an option if one fighter loses a fight. In the case of Wladimir Klitschko and Tyson Fury, for example, their rematch was widely considered the biggest fight in boxing history. So what will happen if Joshua defeats Usyk on Saturday night? Three potential outcomes are as follows:
1) Joshua retains the WBA and IBF heavyweight titles – On paper, this scenario seems like a no-brainer. Joshua has already beaten Usyk once, so there’s no reason to think he can’t do it again. Plus, Usyk hasn’t fought in over a year and is coming off two consecutive losses. It’s fair to say that Joshua is the clear-cut favorite here.
2) Joshua retains the WBA and IBF heavyweight titles but Usyk wins the WBO title – This is a little more complicated. Because Usyk won the World Boxing Super Series tournament, he gets to keep his WBO belt – even if he loses on Saturday night. If Joshua were to win both the WBA and IBF belts (and presumably face no problems with boxing authorities), he would then be considered the Undis
What are the potential implications of this match for the sport?
The Usyk-Joshua Rematch: Three Potential Outcomes
Karen Carney | Boxing News and Views
There’s a lot at stake in the rematch between WBA, IBF and WBO world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury (27-0, 18 KOs) and WBO world champion Deontay Wilder (39-0, 38 KOs). This fight is a very important matchup for both fighters. Here are three potential outcomes of the fight:
1. Tyson Fury retains his world heavyweight championship
2. Deontay Wilder wins the world heavyweight championship
3. The fight is a draw
How can we profit from this match?
The Usyk-Joshua Rematch is a highly anticipated fight that could have a variety of outcomes. Here are three potential outcomes to consider:
1) Usyk retains the WBA and IBF world titles: This would be Usyk’s first world title defense since he won both belts in May of 2018. Usyk has been considered the best boxer in the world for over a decade and this win would cement his legacy as one of the greatest pound-for-pound fighters of all time.
2) Joshua retains his WBA world title: Joshua is coming off a victory against Andy Ruiz last year, which put him in line to face Usyk. If Joshua can win this rematch, it will be his first world championship belt outside of the heavyweight division.
3) Usyk defeats Joshua: This would be a huge upset, as Joshua is considered one of the best boxers in the world. It’s possible that Usyk could use his superior speed and power to beat Joshua on their home turf in England.